The .strandberg* Guitar competition is a collaboration between the Uppsala International Guitar Festival and Strandberg Guitars and offers an online interaction opportunity to complement the festival that takes place in Uppsala, Sweden, in October each year. We are very proud to present the program for 2017, headlined by amazing artists like Frank Gambale and Los Angeles Guitar Quartet. We have a long standing relationship with the festival, which has featured performances and workshops by .strandberg* artists Sarah Longfield, Jacky Bastek and Gustavo Assis-Brasil. For full details on the many artists making up the program of clinics, masterclasses, workshops and concerts, visit http://www.uppsalagitarrfestival.se/
The competition is open to all styles of music and entries will be judged on originality, musicality and how the contribution reflects Strandberg Guitars core values of innovation, quality, reliability, credibility and open communication. The winner gets to choose any 6-, 7-, or 8-string production model .strandberg* guitar - a value of up to $2595/€2795/27000 SEK. For details of the available models, visit https://strandbergguitars.com/product-category/production-model/
The finalists and winner will be selected by a jury consisting of Ola Strandberg, previous winners Jose Macario, Poh Hock and Adam Rafowitz and a representative of Uppsala International Guitar Festival, but the global internet community will have votes equal to one jury member, so make sure to collect as many likes as you can! Three finalists will receive free admission to the festival, and the winner can collect the prize in person at the Frank Gambale concert of the festival on Thursday, October 12 at 21:00.
The competition closes for new submissions on 2nd October 2017, and the voting runs between 3rd and 9th October. The winner will be announced on 11th of October. (Be prepared to record a "Thank You" video in that timeframe!)
The steps to participate are:
- Create your video entry, which should be between 30 and 60 seconds long (excluding intro), and must include our provided splash screen and your name at the start. The video must show you playing the entry live and you are strongly encouraged to illustrate this to the best of your ability. You are also encouraged to record an original entry specifically for this contest, and to not submit something recorded for a different purpose.
Click HERE to download the splash screen
- Upload the video to your YouTube channel
- Submit your entry on the competition page no later than 9th October, 2017. Registration is required. If you have purchased something from our shop before, you can log in with that username and password. In the field called Title, enter your name and in the Description field, enter a short description of yourself and the entry. NOTE: we are moderating the entries, so it might be a few hours before your entry appears on the site. You are only allowed to enter once, even if you have multiple e-mail addresses. (There is a small bug in the uploader, which might tell you that you have submitted two entries, please disregard this notice.)
- Promote your competition page link via Social Media etc (using hashtags or whatever!) You may start promoting your entry at any time, but actual voting opens on the 3rd October.
- On or after the 3rd October and until the 9th of October, get as many people as possible to like your video on the competition page. We have taken some measures this year to minimize the risk of inflated vote numbers.
If the winner is unable to collect the prize in person, we will ship it to the winner free of charge, as long as the destination is in the list of countries where .strandberg* guitars are sold at the time of the competition. Any resulting taxes, duties, or fees must be paid by the winner. Employees of Strandberg Guitars AB and Uppsala International Guitar Festival as well as their family members are ineligible to participate.