And the Winners are…
Out of 170 entries from 32 countries, and with almost 8000 unique votes cast (despite an IT related hiccup that prevented voting for two days), we finally found a winner! Or, actually two winners!
First, in this very fierce competition, our runner up and with an extremely honorable mention is Brock Benzel.
Brock uses his deep harmonic knowledge and skill to compose a truly musical, attention grabbing, and creative piece that takes the listener an emotional journey. Brock has a very unique and modern style that is all his own, and we predict a bright future for him!
The jury had a tough job, and ended up choosing one winner while still honoring the internet community’s choice of winner. So in first place from the jury votes is, from Brisbane, Australia – Dylan Reavey!
Dylan Reavey displayed melodic sophistication in a dense harmonic composition, with impressive technical prowess. With a wide variety of grooves, stylistic influences, and creativity, Dylan’s 80s Nintendo jazz-fusion is a breath of fresh air, and we look forward to watching his style evolve!
The internet community’s winner is, from Sarajevo, Bosnia-Hercegovina – Dino Mangafic
A big thanks to all of you that submitted your entries, and all of you that voted. We hope to see you again next year!
The steps to participate are:
- Create your video entry, which should be between 30 and 60 seconds long (excluding intro), and must include our provided splash screen and your name at the start. The video must show you playing the entry live and you are strongly encouraged to illustrate this to the best of your ability. You are also encouraged to record an original entry specifically for this contest, and to not submit something recorded for a different purpose.
Click HERE to download the splash screen
- Upload the video to your YouTube channel
- Submit your entry on the competition page no later than 2nd October, 2017. Registration is required. If you have purchased something from our shop before, you can log in with that username and password. In the field called Title, enter your name and in the Description field, enter a short description of yourself and the entry. NOTE: we are moderating the entries, so it might be a few hours before your entry appears on the site. You are only allowed to enter once, even if you have multiple e-mail addresses. (There is a small bug in the uploader, which might tell you that you have submitted two entries, please disregard this notice.)
- Promote your competition page link via Social Media etc (using hashtags or whatever!) You may start promoting your entry at any time, but actual voting opens on the 3rd October.
- On or after the 3rd October and until the 9th of October, get as many people as possible to vote for your video on the competition page. We have taken some measures this year to minimize the risk of inflated vote numbers.